Friday 26 August 2011

Wedding Season

    The Wedding Season is almost over (May to end of August?) but to me it's just begun! I will be attending 3 weddings within the next couple of days and they're all going to be in England. We're going to take the train from Paris to London, and apparently the Eurostar train goes underwater? I think I heard something like that... That must be pretty scary. I think it takes around 2 hours so it's not that long. Hopefully I won't start feeling claustrophobic while we're under water, haha.    
    This will be my first time at a wedding and I'm pretty excited! The first one is a family friend's wedding, the second is my Uncle's wedding and the third is my Grandfather's wedding (his second marriage). I'm a guest for the first two weddings but I'm a bride's maid for the last! Luckily I'm bridesmaiding (yes I made it into a verb, hahaha) for the last wedding and not the first since I would have no idea what to do; this being my first time at a wedding and everything. At least this way I'll have some experience before my "big" role. At first I didn't really know what to wear to each wedding but luckily they each had a very descriptive pamphlet regarding what guests are expected to wear. The dresses for the bridesmaids were already picked out too and I'll be seeing it for the first time once we get to London. 
    For now here's a glimpse at me making weird faces (I don't know why...) and a part of the dress I'm wearing to the first black and white themed wedding:


    The bottom of this dress was kind of short so we took it to alterations today to add some stuff to the bottom to make it knee length; more suitable for a church setting, and as stated in the detailed pamphlet I mentioned earlier. Anyway, I'll blog again in a of couple days with pictures from the weddings. Until then, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!   

~ Aurelia Maude

10 comments:

Julie Ann Lozada said...

awww, you're so beautiful Aurelia! you're so natural in every photos you posted! keep posting!

It's a GIRL Thing

thislittleinfinity said...

You are so beautiful! Your hair colour is amazing, I constantly envy how amazing you look in photos (even when making silly face - if I make a silly face I end up looking like a giraffe or something). I've only been to a wedding once when I was younger and I loved it, I was apparently a flowergirl but I was 6 and can't really remember it at all :D Your necklace is also so so nice! Hope you have fun when the time comes then :)

http://www.autumnalfever.blogspot.com/

Miss Raj said...

You have the most stunning hair colour. You're a beautiful girl! Have a lovely time at the weddings and in England... it would be good to see some pictures :)

Melina said...

love the pictures!
xx

Natalie Leung said...

wow stunning photos! my best fiend is getting married so I love this post!

natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

Juli Photo Diary said...

So pretty!!

www.juliphotodiary.com

Sam said...

Can't wait for the wedding pics and post...You said that you haven't yet seen the bridesmaid dress..what are you going to do if you don't like it?

Wida said...

I've never been to a traditional wedding! Sounds like you had a great time!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Romi said...

these are such a cute pics!!! Hope you have fun at the wedding! Take loads of photos can't wait to see them!
I'm following you hope you like my blog and follow me too

xxx

www.romiromiya.blogspot.com

krkfkreokfkfn45v said...

Wow stunning...