Thursday 4 August 2011

Now Hiring

    Good evening or good afternoon - it depends on where you are in the world, maybe even good morning? Again, sorry for my absence. Not much has been going on and I didn't want to bore you by talking about what I had for dinner. Speaking of food; my mother finally found a cook so we're free of dried processed food, hahaha. We also now have a caretaker living in the caretaker's house I showed in my earlier post. It was about time, since our gardens and yards were starting to look a bit like a jungle. To keep the inside of the house looking sparkly, we also hired a maid's  service that come by every week to do some thorough cleaning. Once a week is fine since we're a family of only 3 people and we don't live very messily, but this excludes my father's study, hahaha. My mother isn't an avid cleaner and even if she was, cleaning our entire house would've taken forever! Now that I come to think of it, I never really explained my house to you. I'll try doing so in another post for those of you interested in Napoléon III architecture and history.
     Enough about the house, now about me; hahaha. I started my ballet classes again yesterday at a local dance studio (I was amazed at all the things the town has to offer in where I used to call "the middle of nowhere"). The language barrier isn't that bad since I learned all the positions in French in Canada so there wasn't much of a difference. My piano classes started today but I'll actually be going every Tuesday, today was just an odd "starting" day. My piano teacher know a bit of English so understanding is fine in that as well. To get rid of this "language problem" my father hired a tutor that will come 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) starting on Monday. She'll be kind of homeschooling me for 2 hours and it will also help me learn French. I'll be taking something like FSL (French as a Second Language) after school starts but until then, this is just to give me a head start.
   Wow, I said I had nothing to talk about but I guess I had everything to say! Hope I didn't bore you out of your wits. Will type soon!

~ Aurelia Maude

 

No comments: