Tuesday 13 September 2011

New School

    Sorry for my absence! Last week was my first week at my new school, in my new country! Haha, so many news... Now that I've finally gotten into the school habit I can start writing more often since last week was kind of a "getting used to" period.
    My high school is a lot bigger than the other schools I've been to so I got lost quite a bit during my first few days. I got a lot of strange looks when I accidentally walked into grade 12 classes, haha. It's both a boarding school and a day school but I go to the day school only. Thus it being both types, the campus is reeaally big... I made a couple new friends and I'm hoping to making more the next few weeks. It's also an English school so just about everyone speaks English and all the classes are taught in English except art and French (obviously for the last one).
    I have eight courses since my school isn't semestered. They are: math, English, science, art, French, history, civics and careers, and business. All of them are compulsory except for French, art and business which I got to choose. I chose to take Enriched French which is harder than Academic which is harder than Applied and on top of all that I got the strictest French teacher in the school... We were writing the conjugations of irregular verbs and I had to write the past tense of Connaître for all the pronouns on the board. I thought I knew how to do it until I got to the board and then I totally panicked and forgot what to write! I ended up writing the wrong endings and I forgot this other thing you have to add between the pronoun and verb (avoir conjugated for those of you who know) and I was sooo embarrassed!!! She came up to me and was like "you really have to review your verb conjugations. This is all wrong!" and then she drew a huge X through my work "if this was on a test I would take 5 marks off each question!". It was like the worst thing! I used to be the "smart" one in my French class last year and now I'm like the "not-so-smart" one... I don't know if I should switch classes so I can be back in Academic or should I continue..? (Crying :( ) I've also got a Math Quiz tomorrow... I know right? On the second week of school... 
    Well that's about it for now. I'll try not to talk about school too much in my later posts, it's just a big part of my life so it's hard not to. Maybe after a few weeks things will start to get a bit easier as I get used to everything... I hope. 


~ Aurelia Maude        

4 comments:

kath said...

awww...don't worry it'll get easier, as you said you're still on the adjustment period :)

thislittleinfinity said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, you made me feel more happy about going to my new school muhah! And I'll say the same to you, honestly don't worry about it, you seem lovely and you'll make friends and be better in your classes once you get used to them - and if you don't feel comfortable doing the hardest french class, I'm sure you'll still be wonderful at academic, your choice so do whatever you're happy with :) Good luck!

http://www.autumnalfever.blogspot.com/

kath said...

hi again :)
gave you an award..rules on my blog
here's the link :)
http://iam-kbc.blogspot.com/2011/09/sushine-award.html

Julie Ann Lozada said...

goodluck to your new school and i'm sure you can have lots of friends! i started going to school on monday, i finish college already but now i'll take up a dressmaking course...

It’s a GIRL Thing