Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Specifics

From the pictures I posted a lot earlier today, I guess you can tell that the furniture we have in our house isn't very "up to date". My mother's going to fix all that though. She likes the more contemporary style, but since we moved into a Louis XIII style home built in 1878, it's going to be a little tough for her to completely change over a century of history. I like my room just the way it is, a soft elegant style if you can see it properly in the photo (sorry for the bad lighting from the windows). She said we could meet in the middle though, maybe that classical modern style that's pretty in right now? Anyway, more about my house:

-  It's a Louis XIII style château (although it's quite a bit smaller than the others we vsited when looking to buy a house) built in 1878.  

- It's in a residential village about 50 km from Paris and in the middle of a 33,000 m2 park by the Seine river

- It's been completely restored

- There's 8 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms on 800 m2 or 8,608 sq. ft. (I know it sounds big but all the other châteaux we looked at were 20,000 sq. ft.+ and that was way too much space for only 3 people and a small staff!)

That`s all about the new house, I`ll write again real soon!

~ Aurelia Maude


1 comment:

Julie Ann Lozada said...

thanks for your sweet comments... i love your blog, i love interior design also... wanna follow each other?

http://xitsagirlthingx.blogspot.com