Sunday 31 July 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

    First off I'd like to apologize, I know I said that I would write a post each day but I missed yesterday's! To make up for this, I'll write two posts today.
    The reason why I couldn't write yesterday was because I was extremely busy furniture shopping. As you probably know by now, we only arrived at our new house 4 days ago! Buying furniture isn't a real problem though because we bought the house furnished and ready to live in; the only thing is, my mother is crazy about design so everything has to be trendy and everything has to match eachother, which unfortunately according to her, this house lacks in. My father is also very impatient so he wants everything to be done as soon as possible which is the reason for all our chaotic scrambling. After shopping, our new neighbours had invited us to dinner so we spent the rest of the evening at their house. Luckliy for us they speak fluent English, so my father's translator had come for nothing, hahaha. Well at least he got a free meal. I've been craving a home cooked meal ever since we moved here and I finally got to taste delicious French cuisine. My mother doesn't really like to cook so we've been eating cereal and other dry, packaged things for the past 4 days. This is why we used to have someone cook for us back in Canada, but my mom hasn't been able to find anyone yet so we'll have to make do.
    I know it's like 1 a.m. and I should be asleep but I guess I'm still jet lagged as I'm not tired yet. I'll post the pictures of my new house right after for those of you who would like to see. Don't move, I'll be right back!

~ Aurelia Maude 

    

No comments: